DX Radio Systems Millennium

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
Boomer740

DX Radio Systems Millennium

Post by Boomer740 »

I don't know where else to ask this in these forums, so I figured I'd ask here.

Do any of you have any experience with UHF repeaters called Millenniums, or "RTF series", made or marketed by a company called DX Radio Systems?

I have one of these UHF repeaters in the 450 band that I'd like to tinker with. It was taken out of service by me recently and is fully functional. Factory documentation is very thin, and the software I have for it is DOS based and called TecHelp v1.5.1.

I hear from my peers that there was / is a Windows-based version of the software for this system, but none of us have ever seen it. Repeated e-mails to the company (http://www.dxradiosystems.com/) asking for software support go unanswered. Have any of you ever programmed one of these radio systems with Windows-based software? How did you get the software, from DX or elsewhere?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Paul
jim202

Re: DX Radio Systems Millennium

Post by jim202 »

I will give you one piece of advice about DX radios. Find something
else. They have a very poor RX front end and are real bad with
intermod.

Other than that they perform fairly good. Software for programming
takes a little to get use to.

Jim

[quote="Boomer740"]I don't know where else to ask this in these forums, so I figured I'd ask here.

Do any of you have any experience with UHF repeaters called Millenniums, or "RTF series", made or marketed by a company called DX Radio Systems?

I have one of these UHF repeaters in the 450 band that I'd like to tinker with. It was taken out of service by me recently and is fully functional. Factory documentation is very thin, and the software I have for it is DOS based and called TecHelp v1.5.1.

I hear from my peers that there was / is a Windows-based version of the software for this system, but none of us have ever seen it. Repeated e-mails to the company ([url]http://www.dxradiosystems.com/[/url]) asking for software support go unanswered. Have any of you ever programmed one of these radio systems with Windows-based software? How did you get the software, from DX or elsewhere?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Paul[/quote]
Boomer740

Post by Boomer740 »

Thanks for the info, Jim.

Not that it means much, but the receiver sensitivity on the bench was .23uV/12dB SINAD with my 8920. Of course, that tells me nothing about adjacent channel rejection, drift, or any of a number of other things that can go wrong in the field where things count.

For now the thing is in a rack in my shop while I try and scare up a four or six bay rack mount duplexer in 460MHz for it. When I get it in the field I let you know how it works.

But I'll be honest with you, after fooling with this a bit on the bench, I'm not terribly impressed.

Paul
Boomer740

Re: DX Radio Systems Millennium

Post by Boomer740 »

It was crap. I threw it away and put a Daniels MT-3 on UHF in its place. Much more gooder!

Paul