About this board???

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
westcoaster

About this board???

Post by westcoaster »

Is there any way to automatically mark the forum's as read once one has visited the board?

An example:

I visit, I see new posts have been made, some I am not interested in reading. I leave....

I come back a week later and the same posts I saw and were not interested in reading are still tagged as new posts.

I would like to see the "old" (the ones that were new but I didn't actually open) posts tagged as read sometime between visits.

Pretty much all other boards are set up like that except this one.

I visit, I read some posts I leave..... I visit again, and the board only shows posts since my last visit as new....

I have been all through the user cp and didn't locate anything. I am using the "subsilver" interface....

Anyone else have this?
Am I the only one?
Do I need to put down the crack pipe and go into rehab?

Thanks,
Alex
Site Administrator

Re: About this board???

Post by Alex »

westcoaster wrote:Is there any way to automatically mark the forum's as read once one has visited the board?

An example:

I visit, I see new posts have been made, some I am not interested in reading. I leave....

I come back a week later and the same posts I saw and were not interested in reading are still tagged as new posts.

I would like to see the "old" (the ones that were new but I didn't actually open) posts tagged as read sometime between visits.

Pretty much all other boards are set up like that except this one.

I visit, I read some posts I leave..... I visit again, and the board only shows posts since my last visit as new....

I have been all through the user cp and didn't locate anything. I am using the "subsilver" interface....

Anyone else have this?
Am I the only one?
Do I need to put down the crack pipe and go into rehab?

Thanks,
Try visiting the site using this link:

search.php?search_id=newposts

It will show some older ones at times, but should work for what you want.

-Alex
westcoaster

Post by westcoaster »

Thanks for the reply,

That wasn't quite what I was thinking of but beggars can't be choosers (although the panhandlers around here are pretty picky....)

Every time I visit I click the button "mark all forums as read" Was wondering if there was an automatic way of doing that.....

Thanks,
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

index.php?mark=forums

It's on the main forum page in the top right corner of the forum listing, or just bookmark that link.

-Alex