Dual Band NMO mount antenna

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
firemedic

Dual Band NMO mount antenna

Post by firemedic »

Anyone have recomendations for a good dual band antenna to use at 110 watts in both commercial and ham frequencies? I need to get rid of the 2 mag mounts on my truck and go with just 1 nmo mount antenna. I have a maxrad duplexor (think that's the right name for it) that I got but the antenna for it got lost and I can't find which one it needed. It needs to be pretty low profile and I'm not concerned with gain so a unity gain would be fine. Freq. are 144 to 170 and 440 to 470. With monitoring only below 440 in the UHF range. Radio to interface is a kenwood TK-730H & 830H single head setup. Thanks for any advise and suggestions!!!!

Keith Dobbins KC8RFW
Paramedic Firefighter
Bob

Post by Bob »

Keith,
I use a dualband NMO mount Antenex that I got off of ebay for about $20. I was using it for a while with my 50 watt Kenwood dualband rig until I put my Spectra and MaxTrac back in the car. It's one of the black 'cellular look-alike' units. It both looks and works really well. I bought two of them, just to keep on as a spare. In almost two years, it hasn't come out of the packaging yet. Feel free to send me a PM and I can give you further recommendations.
Will

Re: Dual band antenna

Post by Will »

The Antenx A150/450 works rather well. It is about 17 inches long with a closed coil. Sorta like a cellular antenna. It is made for the NMO mount.
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

Try COMTELCO, the dual band unity works very well.
Stan Glass
Owner
USPSS
Manufacturer of BADGES and PATCHES for Public Safety worldwide.
Will

Post by Will »

Correction to my earlyer post::

The ComTelco IS a much better antenna.
n3ivk

Antenna thinggy

Post by n3ivk »

Just watch the power rating on the antenna. Dont wanna run that 110 watt radio into a antenna rated for only 50 watts. :)