BEWARE efj44astro Deal going bad..

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
MSS-Dave

BEWARE efj44astro Deal going bad..

Post by MSS-Dave »

Hi All....

Had to post this due to a unfortunate situation. I sent a EFJ5100ES P25 radio that needed a firmware reflash to Steve, efj44astro with him receiving it on July 9th. He told me he was waiting on some files from EFJ and then he would ship back. Since then, spotty responses to e-mail the last being on Aug. 23rd stating it was done, packed up and ready to ship. I sent the radio, prepaid the programming and included Priority Mail shipping label for return. Told him 2 weeks ago if it wasn't or couldn't be done, just send the radio and the $$ back to me and I woould move on. Today is Sept. 3 and nothing. Steve advertises on this board as Viking Two Way LLC and solicits business to program and repair radios and scanners.

I've been more than patient in not blowing up his phone and e-mail because I'm a tech too and crap happens. He seems to be doing this as a business so I am going to start treating it as a business deal gone bad. He has my P25 radio, cash and a shipping label.

I recommend using caution if you are thinking of using the services he advertises in his posts here on this board.

I'll revise the post if you will take the time to make this right Steve.....

mss-dave
MSS-Dave

Re: BEWARE efj44astro Deal going bad..

Post by MSS-Dave »

Cool...

At least I got a "reply" from spam. Still nothing at all from the scammer.....
kj5kb

Post by kj5kb »

I have been trying to get him to return two EFJ5100 radios for over a year now. I have sent him several certified letters, which he did indeed receive, but no response. I have considered filing a mail fraud complaint, but I am not sure if USPS will listen after a year. Worth a shot in your case.
jim202

Post by jim202 »

I know this thread is like 6 years old, but for those that might fall into the same type of problem with any other company, yes file a complaint with the postal service. Then contact the local police where the business is located and try to file a theft charge for the equipment not being returned.

Also contact the local better Business Bureau. File a complaint with them. It doesn't hurt to talk with the Better Business Bureau as they want to hear about problems with businesses in their area. They contact that company about your complaint and it is amazing how this can shake a response out of the company. These companies don't want a trail of bad complaints. Seems it's bad for their business.

Jim
jim202

Post by jim202 »

[quote=jim202 post_id=16748 time=1511292419 user_id=424]
I know this thread is like 6 years old, but for those that might fall into the same type of problem with any other company, yes file a complaint with the postal service. Then contact the local police where the business is located and try to file a theft charge for the equipment not being returned.

Also contact the local better Business Bureau. File a complaint with them. It doesn't hurt to talk with the Better Business Bureau as they want to hear about problems with businesses in their area. They contact that company about your complaint and it is amazing how this can shake a response out of the company. These companies don't want a trail of bad complaints. Seems it's bad for their business.

Jim
[/quote]

It has been some time since this has been posted. Any updates on any action to the radios being returned? Please keep the group updated on the problem here. It helps others to know ahead of time what problems might be before them.

Keep track of your radio make, model number and serial number. This will be needed if any legal action takes place.

Jim