VX-800 Programming Issues - I STILL NEED HELP!

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
d119

VX-800 Programming Issues - I STILL NEED HELP!

Post by d119 »

I have 4 VX-800's I'm trying to program. I bought a cable off eBay to go from my VPL-1 to the VX-800.

When I connect the cable and turn the radio on, the radio says "EXT MIC". Is that correct?

I am using CE31 for VX-800 Version 1.20 (USA) to try and read/write from/to the radio.

It just sits at the screen saying "UPLOAD FUNCTION - Switch radio OFF, then back ON to start uploading."

What gives?

Does anyone have a diagram/pinout for the CT-70 programming cable for these things so I can make sure this Hong Kong concoction is wired correctly?
Last edited by d119 on Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Splat

Post by Splat »

I know nothing about these radios but looking around the web it appears you need the CT71 cable. You've got the CT71 cable, right? If so, it sounds like either the cables got problems or it was wired incorrectly. Do you try uploading after power cycling the radio? What happens then?
d119

Post by d119 »

Power cycling the radio does nothing. I'm sure it's the correct cable for the radio, as it fits fine.

Could someone ohm out a known working cable and write up a brief diagram for me?

I need the pinout from the DIN-5 to VX-800 connector. I've verified my VPL-1 works correctly on my VX-500U, so that's not the problem.

Power cycling the radio does nothing while trying to upload.

After looking inside the VX-800 connector on the cable, I'm sure this thing is miswired - there's leads connected to each other and whatnot... Only three wires going from the DIN-5 to the VX-800 connector.

Again, could someone PLEASE ohm out a known working cable and send me the "what goes where"?
d119

Post by d119 »

I still need help. Can someone PLEASE look in their VX-800 cable and tell me how the VPL-1 to VX800 part of the cable is wired?

I have a factory VPL-1... But the part from the 6 pin din connector to the radio is what's suspect.

Can someone PLEASE ohm one out and make a diagram for me?
KC2SYH

Re: VX-800 Programming Issues - I STILL NEED HELP!

Post by KC2SYH »

This is what happens when you buy knock off cables. The radio thinks your connecting a speaker mic, and not the programming cable, which means the cable is bad.