CE20 Programming

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
ve1bxk

CE20 Programming

Post by ve1bxk »

I have a VX-2000U to program and I cannot the CE20.exe program to change to UHF band. It defaluts to VHF all the time. I have the right programming cable (black). Is there a password you have to use when using the " CE20 -m " option?

Please advise.
Lorne VE1BXK
8)
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

Read the radio first. I have never seen any Vertex with a password. It may be possible you have and over version software and newer firmware. Call Vertex Tech if you have a problem. There helpful unlike BIG /\/\.
ve1bxk

CE20 Programming

Post by ve1bxk »

That did it. Works now!!

Thanks !! :lol: :lol:
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

I was always told read, save, write, read, save. It's a good thing incase the codeplug goes haywire. My VX3200 does it once and a while.
dtfastbear

Re: CE20 Programming

Post by dtfastbear »

I'm having the exact same problem (Hardware defaults to VHF and I can't change it). However, doing a Download has no effect whatsoever. It appears that the PC is communicating with the radio. It tells me to connect the radio and press SPACE. I do that, and it goes to the next step. It says to press the MON button on the radio and press SPACE. I do that, and it says downloading... It progresses through to 100% and I get the smiley face, which I assume means that it has successfully communicated with the radio and received the current channel information. However, nothing on the screen updates, and it remains in VHF mode.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I know that the previous owner of the radio successfully programmed it with the same cable. Is it possible that using a different laptop/PC would work? The laptop I'm trying to use is a Windows XP OS. I have an old windows 2000 machine I could try.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Dean
ve1bxk

Re: CE20 Programming

Post by ve1bxk »

You have to use an DOS 6.22 or win95/98 (in dos mode) for the software can communicate properly to the com port.
73, Lorne
VE1BXK