Vertex VX-3200 programming problem

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
firemedic503

Vertex VX-3200 programming problem

Post by firemedic503 »

I was programming my VX-3200VC, when I went to download the radio it stopped at block 3 out of 168 and then it cleared the download window. Now it shows error 2 when I turn it on. I programmed another 3200 and it downloaded fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe
Last edited by firemedic503 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

I don't remember if that error refers to a cable or a programming error, but by your description I'm guessing it's programming.

Try downloading the "default file" from the software into the radio [File] --> [Open] --> default.C52. --> [Open].
After you write/download it into te radio read/upload the radio into the software.

Make sure to let the radio go through it's selftest power-up in between the then download and upload.
Save the upload file under a different name. Then edit the file with your freqs tones etc and try downloading it to that radio again. You can also try downloading your orignal file at this time and see if the radio will take it (alot of the time they will). If you're using an option board you might want to remove them until you can get the error code to clears. Then upload and download once you reinstall the board.

Let me know if that doesn't work.
-Tom
firemedic503

Post by firemedic503 »

Thanks for the reply.

I tried all of that and it still only runs to block 3 out of 168. One problem is everytime I turn it off and on it shows the error_2. It trys the self-test but goes right to the error_2 code. I did program another VX-3200 with no problems with the same software and cable.

Still can't figure this out.

Thanks,
Joe
Last edited by firemedic503 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

Hmmm...? Are you using a conventional or an LTR 3200? Maybe you're trying to load a conventional template into an LTR radio????
How old was the radio that you said you were able to program?
Are you using the Windows or DOS software?

On a totally seperate note I see the 503 in your screen name, are you also in OR?
firemedic503

Post by firemedic503 »

I have the conventional VX-3200, both radios are 3 years old. I have programmed both radios in the past with no problems. I have the software on a laptop and desktop and have used both of these as well with no problems.
I was updating some frequencies on the one showing an error_2 when this happened. Have always used windows based software for this.

Also I'm from Indiana, the 503 is my unit number on the Fire Dept.

Thanks for the reply,
Joe
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

Were you using a usb to serial converter? These seem to works sometimes and other times hose the radio.
firemedic503

Post by firemedic503 »

No, coming straight from the serial port on both computers.
firemedic503

Post by firemedic503 »

Fixed it! Vertex/Standard tech support emailed the newest version of the CE 52 software. This did fix the error_2 and now it downloads properly.

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips.

Joe
lu6yat

Post by lu6yat »

Hi!, i´m sorry my english is not good..
I have exactly the same problem with my tranceiver, but i can´t find the CE52 updated. The question is: what is the version of the CE52 and where I can find it?
Thanks in advance.

Marcelo
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

This is a comming problem. My Vertex dealer has always been able to walk me through a fix. My problem is it is fussy on what computers it is programmed on. I have 3 and it only works on one of them.
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

CE-52 Version is found under [Help] --> [About CE52]