VX-177 UHF

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
N3CHU

VX-177 UHF

Post by N3CHU »

Hi all, Does anyone know of any mods for the Yaesu VX-177 UHF??I,m still looking . Thanks .Davie
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

I have NOT looked at this radio, but I found a couple of articles that say it mods the same as the VX-170.
Here's a link http://www.ham.dmz.ro/yaesu/vx-170-expa ... and-rx.php

Hope it works.
-Tom
N3CHU

Post by N3CHU »

Hummm? thanks tweester for the link but I couldnt seem to find where it said anything about the VX-177?I think the radio may be too new. Thank you. Davie
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

Davie,

You are indeed correct. The link was just to the mod.
The info about the UHF mod came from an article I found online, but I'll be darned if I can find the blasted site now.
I'm thinking about buying a 177 at the SEAPAC (swap meet) in June (if the price is right) and I'll give the mod a try and let you know if it works.

73s
-Tom
N3CHU

Post by N3CHU »

Thanks Tom, I think you will like it a bunch. My ears seem to like the recieve audio also. I have dropped it twice now (once on contrete) and it bounced and as far as I can tell everything still works well. Its really

built sturdy. Its funny, its a uhf radio but has a sticker under the battery that says something about it shouldnt be modded to listen to the cell phone band (as if you could). If you run acrossed any mods I,d appreciate if you would give me a holler. thanks and 73, Davie