VXR-7000

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
skot1923

VXR-7000

Post by skot1923 »

I am looking for folks with experience with the VXR-7000 repeater, good and bad. If you have had firsthand experience with this radio, please let me know.

Thanks
scott
robertisby

VXR7000 Info

Post by robertisby »

I have installed a few of these in both UHF and VHF (Commercial, not Amateur). Great Units. Solid Audio. A Vast improvment over the vertex of previous. Also, to remote a controller to these things is great - actually I guess the word easy is more suited.

Hope it helps.
TTFN
RHI
rescuer

Re: VXR-7000

Post by rescuer »

Hello all,

Sorry to bring a post back from the dead but:

The FD recently (about 6 months ago) purchased a VXR-7000 VHF repeater, along with duplexer, antenna, etc., for a supplemental repeater.

We have noticed that there is a considerable delay in the repeater keying up transmissions. It appears that you must hold the PTT on a portable (or mobile for that matter) 1.5-2 seconds in order for the repeater to open up and begin transmitting. As a result, the first part of the conversion is repeatedly dropped. (This is MUCH longer than typical repeater delay.)

We are using a DPL (503 & 464, multi-tone). Could it be a delay in decoding a DPL? We could change to a PL if necessary, although that would involve reprogramming about 50 radios. Currently the repeater has a:
Repeater Hang Time = 1.0 seconds
Repeater Guard Time = 0 seconds

I don't believe reception is causing the problem, because after you begin the conversion (after the 2 second delay) the transmissions are clear.

We have an ICOM FR3000 repeater as well, and it doesn't exhibit this problem. (Maybe a 0.5 second delay at most.)

Thanks!
stevem0118

Post by stevem0118 »

I have a Vertex, XVR7000V repeater that we recently purchased. I have the RSS but lack a programming cable. Does anybody have an actual schematic of the cable that is needed to program this unit? Thanks much !
ve1bxk

Post by ve1bxk »

I have a VXR-7000U unit programmed in the 70 cm band and works finest kind.
73, Lorne
VE1BXK