vx-180 problems!

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
medtech

vx-180 problems!

Post by medtech »

Whenever I have a sub-audio decode freq for a channel, the radio beeps and says "called" every time someone transmits. I thought the point of the codes was to not have to listen to others who transmit without the code. I had to shut off the decode freq's but now everything comes thru on those channels. Am I doing something wrong or is this just how the radio works?

Also, my department frequencies are not listed for the two-tone paging, does anyone know a way to add custom frequencies?
radio259

Re: vx-180 problems!

Post by radio259 »

Disable the BELL function. Send me the tones needed and I can cross refernce for the custom tones. They are a 3 digit code entered in the paging tone menu. Select either on duty or off duty. Off duty the radios is quiet untill paged. On duty it will receive radio traffic and activate when paged.

PB
medtech

Post by medtech »

Thanks, I will turn off the bell feature.

The frequencies are 426.6 and 977.2
radio259

Post by radio259 »

The custom tones are numbered 118 & 126. Bad news is you need the DOS software for it. Winders will not work for the Avcall tones which yours are a decendent of.

Paul B
medtech

Post by medtech »

thanks, any chance you could give me the codes for 1083.9 and 473.2 also, I'm guessing 127 and 119? Much appreciated!

Also, if possible, could you give me a quick explanation of the primary group call and secondary group call options? I'm pretty sure I understand how to enter the freq's into the tone chart and select primary and secondary pairs for channels, I just don't know what the group call options are for.

Thanks so much!
radio259

Post by radio259 »

Good guess!! I only used the primary call. Never could get it to go off for two tone sets. Do you have the DOS software?? I will look for a cpoy if needed.

Paul B
medtech

Post by medtech »

Yes, I have ce44 for dos. I entered the codes you gave me and it translated them into the correct frequencies. Now I just have to wait for a call or til 6 to test them. I will let you know how it goes!
medtech

Post by medtech »

success, I had both fire and ambulance tones set on my paging channel, one as primary the other as secondary. Both set off the radio during the nightly test! Now I don't have to carry my pager and portable! Awesome! I guess the group call selections have no effect. I'm going to shut them both off and see if it still works fine.

The only downside is my pager has different tones for fire and ambulance and my 180 doesn't. Oh well, I'll survive! :grin:

Thank you very much for the help!! I've been using the radio for over a year without the paging being setup.