HELP! ... VXR-1000V Receiver Problems

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
RCS_Dude

HELP! ... VXR-1000V Receiver Problems

Post by RCS_Dude »

Has anyone experienced the problem below? If so, what did you find out? We have tried every possible solution we can think of, too numerous to list below, with no success. I really need some answers, my techs are telling me that Vertex has not been helpful and is not returning our calls. It's driving us :eeek:

The Problem:We have 10 VXR-1000V's being used as mobile x-band repeaters, a link between VHF portables and a UHF Trunk System. All the VXR-1000's from time to time key up by themselves, four do this incessantly. No one is keying up the portable, they just key up, transmit static and shut off. We have identified, certain geographical areas where this is more likely to occur, but it is by no means limited to these areas.

Before you ask, "No, it is not the trunking system or the TK-880HK's causing the VXR-1000's to key up, it is the VXR-1000 initiating the process." By outside interference? Probably, but for all practical purposes, it shouldn't be occuring.

The Scenario: We're using VX-160V's to transmit to VXR-1000V's, each of the ten having their own frequency, different from the other nine. The VXR-1000's are connected to TK-880HK UHF LTR Mobiles operating on (you guessed it) a UHF LTR System. The VXR 1000's are all programmed with DCS. For all practical purposes, this setup works great providing outstanding portable coverage, except for the constant interference with the VXR-1000's keying up on their own. We have tried numerous frequencies and tones, both CTCSS and DCS, in tests as an effort to eliminate the problem, to no avail. At times the problem has become more profound, rather than less.

Thank you for in advance for responses and ideas.
N3UHD

Post by N3UHD »

My only suggestion would be to tighten up the squelch on the VXR-1000.
If you are using these like PAC-rt's tight squelch should not present any problems.

If you already tried this, sorry I can't think of any thing else.
Hope this helps
Bob
N3UHD
PCIA #38104
...if it ain't broke..don't fix it...
http://www.busrad.com
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."~ Adam Savage, Mythbusters
RCS_Dude

HELP! ... VXR-1000

Post by RCS_Dude »

Yeah, we've tried that ... several times.

I apppreciate your your response Bob!

Gregg