KENWOOD TK830 UHF user manual

If you are just getting into radio, and have a lot of beginner questions, or just want to help someone new out, then this is the place to do it!
WQJD271

KENWOOD TK830 UHF user manual

Post by WQJD271 »

I am new here and with the hobby. I have my GMRS license and have bought a radio on e-bay. I hope I can use it on GMRS it is a KENWOOD TK830 UHF but it does not have the user manual.

Does anyone have a good source for obtaining a copy of the manual and programing info. I will need to program to use with a couple of HT's I have to talk with my family and any other users in my area I can find. There is not a repeater nearby (as far as I know) so we will be talking on single freq. with each other.
I also have purchased a "ground plane" antenna for GMRS and still need to find my power sorce (bidding on a couple on ebay)

None of it is in my hands yet except the HT's which are only good for about a mile or so.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with advice or with a source for the manual.

Richard
ka7wnf

Re: KENWOOD TK830 UHF user manual

Post by ka7wnf »

Welcome to the board. If you PM me your email address I can send you an owners manual and programming manual. You can buy a KPG-4 interface on EBay quite cheaply.
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

Welcome to the board. If you PM me your email address I can send you an owners manual and programming manual. You can buy a KPG-4 interface on EBay quite cheaply.
WQJD271

Post by WQJD271 »

Sent you a PM.
appreciate any help you can give.
WQJD271

Post by WQJD271 »

I got my radio today. Still waiting on the power supply and antenna. I attached it to a car battery in the garage and it powered up. It has the gmrs and frs frequencies programed in it all ready and even without the antenna it works across the room with my HT's .
I am eager to get it all up and running.

Still could use a manual if you can send one. Thanks
Richard