GE M-RK II programming cable...

If you are just getting into radio, and have a lot of beginner questions, or just want to help someone new out, then this is the place to do it!
radio_rookie

GE M-RK II programming cable...

Post by radio_rookie »

I am having a problem with programming cable for M-RK II , DB9-UDC more exactly . I have two UDC schemes and I do not know witch is good. First is from " LBI-38740 MAINTENANCE MANUAL FOR 403-500 MHz PERSONAL TWO-WAY FM RADIO COMBINATION" and the second one was gave to me by a friend. Normally if you short the pin 8 and 10 the radio should enter into Programming Mode. The one from manual does not do that but the one my gave to me works ( the radio enters Programming mode) . In order to be able to program the radio I have DB-9 connector and EDACS 4.
Can anyone tell me what pins should I connect ?
I have connected RX, TX, GND but it does`n work. Do I need a 12V supply? What is correct pin array ? (from UDC)
radio_rookie

Re: GE M-RK II programming cable...

Post by radio_rookie »

I searched some more and I found LBI-38203C [ http://www.hallelectronics.com/lbi/38203c.pdf ] where are all the pins described. So far so good..I connected DB9 - UDC as fallows :
UDC-----------DB9
rx-dat [E1]----------2
tx-dat [E11]---------3
gnd [E10]---------5
|
| short
|
sense[E8]
cts [E3]-----------8

I turn the radio on and I get PC PROG when I try to read the radio with EDACS 18 it says "Could not initialize radio. Make sure the radio is in programming mode....etc".
What am I doing wrong?
Can any one help me ?
I double checked all the connections and cables...still nothing
Do I need more than rx-d, tx-d, cts, gnd to program?

All help counts and will be much appreciate!