prices of current and past EFJ project25 portables

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

wazzzzzzzzup

prices of current and past EFJ project25 portables

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

i have been searching on ebay for various strings of apco/project 25 EFJ products but i cant come up with anything. tried the 5100 series portable too with no luck there.

anybody know where used EFJ products are sold that has pictures features and models?

im also interested in the series that works with moto jedi series chargers accys, i think thats the 50XX series?
and does the 5100 series take the jedi accys?

thanks
wazz
WPA6MDuplexer

Re: prices of current and past EFJ project25 portables

Post by WPA6MDuplexer »

wazzzzzzzzup wrote:i have been searching on ebay for various strings of apco/project 25 EFJ products but i cant come up with anything. tried the 5100 series portable too with no luck there.

anybody know where used EFJ products are sold that has pictures features and models?

im also interested in the series that works with moto jedi series chargers accys, i think thats the 50XX series?

and does the 5100 series take the jedi accys?
I've looked for 5100 series on eBay too; so far, nothing.

I'll check tomorrow to see if the 5100 series mic accys works on my HT1000.

I did a search on the web awhile back and found a dealer website that had .pdf docs showing the feature sets, but I don't have those sites bookmarked (maybe at work - didn't see them here at home).
1 ADAM 12

Johnson radios

Post by 1 ADAM 12 »

Well there are/where two radios that used accessories from the Jedi/XTS line.
The first is discontinued , the Stealth 25, it was a brick, and used the charger and audio accessories from the Jedi.. tha battery would not fit a Jedi series radio. It had dual display( front & top) and was front face programmable capable in conventional modes.

The 5100 series uses the same battery, charger and accessories as the XTS 3000,3500,5000 series. It is the newer radio and is still in production.
As to ebay.. I have seen a few floating around, but not many...
mancow

Post by mancow »

I've seen both the newer 5100 and a few of the old Stealth 501X series on ebay. The new 5100 went for around $700 and the stealths go from anywhere between $100-$700 depending on who sees them and knows what they are.
WPA6MDuplexer

Post by WPA6MDuplexer »

Interesting list that details the various bands and models for the 5100 series radio:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-procure/efjo ... 1clins.pdf
WPA6MDuplexer

Re: prices of current and past EFJ project25 portables

Post by WPA6MDuplexer »

wazzzzzzzzup wrote:

thanks
wazz
Here's an order sheet from a dealer - this REALLY spells out some of the available 'options', although most of the 'options' are really software enables or 'loads' flashed into the radio (much like the MTS2000 series):

http://www.criticalradio.com/EF%20Johns ... 20Form.pdf

The only difference is that current production '800' MHz product does both 700 and 800 MHz bands with the same hardware/RF transceiving 'deck'.

Here's a catalog - a whopping 6.3 MB!

http://www.criticalradio.com/EF%20Johns ... 202004.pdf