Stealth 25 Questions

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

DPL

Stealth 25 Questions

Post by DPL »

I just picked up an EF Johnson Stealth 25 on UHF. It is a limited keypad model--it has only four buttons below the display.

Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this radio? Perhaps for download? I check EFJ's website and found nothing relating to this radio. Failing that, I have a few operating questions that someone might be able to answer:

1) I have assigned a button to be "Scan Edit." Great; I can scroll through my existing scan list, and I can delete a channel by pressing the F3/CLR button. But, the burning question is: how do I add a channel to the scan list?

2) I found a checkbox under System->Conventional System->General that says "Keypad Selectable CTCSS / DCS." However, I cannot seem to find a button function that allows me to use this feature. Am I missing it somewhere?

3) I found a button function called "Keypad Programming." Neat! However, I can't seem to get very far in the menus after I press that button. I am guessing that I need to have a numeric keypad for this to work properly.

The answer to all of the above questions might very well be "you need a numeric keypad." If this is the case, does anyone know if EFJ sells the parts needed?

Thanks!
azFIREguy

Re: Stealth 25 Questions

Post by azFIREguy »

Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope