EF JOHNSON 5100 = AN/PRC-127EFJ Portable Radio

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

sciacho

EF JOHNSON 5100 = AN/PRC-127EFJ Portable Radio

Post by sciacho »

Hi All. I'm new here ,at first i want excuse for my language , my english is not so good.

I have few 5100 and dont know how and what to make programming this radio.

Radio what I have do not have every options that I see in User Manual , could it be couse it is not programming ?
jim202

Re: EF JOHNSON 5100 = AN/PRC-127EFJ Portable Radio

Post by jim202 »

To program the EFJ 5100 portable radio, you will need the EFJ software PCCONFIG. The exact version will depend on what was used to
program the radio the last time. You will also need the EFJ programming cable part number 023-5100-920. This is a cable that plugs
into the serial port of your computer.

As for features, if they are not already in the radio, it is hard to add them. You will have to get a service shop to help you.

Jim
sciacho

Post by sciacho »

THX jum202 for help. Do You know where I can find this software in internet ?
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Make sure you get the correct version of programming software (PCConfigure) to match the software version that is in the radio. When you first power on the radio you should see a version number right after the EFJohnson logo. It is VERY important that the PCConfig ans radio SW versions match or things could go bad very quickly. If you get me the SW version in the radio, I can tell you what version of PCConfig you will need.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

It's $96.00 for the cable direct from EF Johnson. They will sell it to anyone via the 800 number.

You can make one yourself but it's cumbersome to get it to work correctly.

They also have killer tech support, unlike another company I know that refuses to speak with end users. They also have a ftp site that you can get a 48 hour password for to straighten things out like incorrect software version. Even for end users.