EFJ 5100 Clamshell battery

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

hailstonewrangler

EFJ 5100 Clamshell battery

Post by hailstonewrangler »

Where can I find a Clamshell battery that uses AA batteries for a 5100?

I tried one of the Clamshells from here: http://www.ragebattery.com/batterystore ... eries.html
Even though it says right on the lable that it is for a 5100, it will not fit and is also cheaply made.

There are clamshells for Motorola XTS's on eBay for cheap, would one of those work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-XTS5000-XT ... dZViewItem

Thanks for the help!
Intrinsically Safe

Re: EFJ 5100 Clamshell battery

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

If it's the older style clamshell it will fit. The newer ones had a slightly different molding. The new ones will fit buy you will need to some custom tweaking the plastic with a file.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
MEDIC535

Post by MEDIC535 »

XTS batteries are compatible with the 5100
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Any XTS3000/5000 battery will suitable for EFJ 5100?
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Any 3,/5k battery should work fine. However do not use the MOT impress battery in the EFJ charger if you have one. I have heard there could be some ill side effects to the battery since it is 'smart' battery.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Intrinsically Safe wrote:Any 3,/5k battery should work fine. However do not use the MOT impress battery in the EFJ charger if you have one. I have heard there could be some ill side effects to the battery since it is 'smart' battery.

I.S.
Ok, thank you!