5300 Microphone connector damaged

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

Rentacom

5300 Microphone connector damaged

Post by Rentacom »

Hi all, i have a 5300 and the mic connector is broken, do you know where i can buy it?
Thanks
Intrinsically Safe

Re: 5300 Microphone connector damaged

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

If you are talking about the connector on the control head then you can try EFJ and ask for part number 515-1009-025. That is the part number for the part inserted into the control head at assembly.
If you are talking about the connector on the mic cord then you are better off replacing the entire cord. The part number for that is 597-2002-255.
I don't know if they carry these now that they contract manufacture their radios. In the old days when they made all of their equipment you could buy damn near anypart you wanted from 'em. Times have changed though....

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
willbartlett
Administrator

Post by willbartlett »

You can order the parts for the connector from Digikey. I bought a few to make up programming cables. they're about 7$ each in small quantity. Keep in mind that the pins are a seperate part #.

Also, you will need to have or have access to an Amp or Hirose pin crimper, doing these with Pliers is a pain.

Will
Rentacom

Post by Rentacom »

Thank you both, but the connector i need, in this case is the cord of the DTMF microfone,
the EFJohnson part number you are saying is the normal cable, is there any chance you have the part # of the cable for the DTMF mic?
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Not sure which one you have/need so here are both(I think the pinouts are still the same):

DTMF without memory, commercial 589-0016-028
DTMF without memory, env seal WR805 587-9650-015

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.