POLL === You like yours EFJ 5100 Series radio? ===

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

You like yours EFJ 5100 Sereies radio?

Yes, absolutely!
68%
Yes, but Motorola is better :)
18%
Half-and-half.
7%
I have objective reasons to say No!
4%
Absolutely No! it's piece of scrap!
4%

Total votes: 57

Intrinsically Safe

Re: POLL === You like yours EFJ 5100 Series radio? ===

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

There is no XTVA for the 5100.
The scan list is limited to 255 channels in most cases, unless you mean Radio Wide Scan (scan between trunking and conventional). Older versions of code limited you to 16 but newer ones allowed more.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
Jim1348

POLL === You like yours EFJ 5100 Series radio? ===

Post by Jim1348 »

Thank you for the reply. So, if I am listening to just conventional channels I can scan 255 at once then IF it is the newer code? That is a far cry from the XTS5000 15 or 16 channel limit!
Intrinsically Safe

Re: POLL === You like yours EFJ 5100 Series radio? ===

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

If you are using the Priority Scan List for (which scans just conventional OR just Trunking) you scan up to 255 channels. I don't recommend that but you could.
If you are using the Radio Wide Scan list (which is capable of scanning both trunking and conventional) you are limited to 16 channels.

as for "newer" code I should clarify. It has been in code for several years. Probably since 2002ish. Some of the older radios didn't support that many channels.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.