Firmware-PCConfig Decode

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

N3AAG

Re: Firmware-PCConfig Decode

Post by N3AAG »

Intrinsically Safe wrote:My guess is that you'd be OK with 1.22.0.4, but we are talking about 4 yr old software. I don't think there were major file format changes between the two, but I could be wrong.

I.S.
Thank you!
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Intrinsically Safe

But what will happens with radio alignment (tuning) data after F/W upgrade?
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

I have never personally run into tuning values being changed after a firmware upgrade. So in my experience I would say nothing.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
N3AAG

Post by N3AAG »

Intrinsically Safe wrote:I have never personally run into tuning values being changed after a firmware upgrade. So in my experience I would say nothing.

I.S.
You mean that they are preserve?
flat4turbo

Post by flat4turbo »

Normally, options, tune values and programming does not change. In fact, this is why *if* ever you upgrade to a such a newer firmware version that the internal file format version changes, you need to read the file into the newer PCConfigure and write it back to the radio to include the newer fields available with the newer version. NOTE: You can get the current info from the radio through PCConfigure which let's you read in the current file format, DSP, Bootcode, ESN, etc. Read the release notes of the f/w upgrade to determine if it were to change the format version number.

CAVEAT: However, there was one instance where a radio I upgraded the firmware for lost it's MDC 1200 ANI after the upgrade. The fact the radio had it to begin with appeared to be a fluke, it was never optioned with it from the factory. Yet it originally worked, but not after the upgrade. They must have closed the loop on the "bug" that allowed MDC ANI when it had not been enabled in the original firmware.

-f4t
spicaroo

Post by spicaroo »

Hey,
My high band efj 5100 has firmware 2.8.3 ... what pcc do I need?
spicaroo

Post by spicaroo »

I would appreciate if someone could message me to for information on finding the proper version. Thanks
Intrinsically Safe

spicaroo wrote:Hey,
My high band efj 5100 has firmware 2.8.3 ... what pcc do I need?

Sorry for the delay, I was not autologging in when I checked the site and did not see any new posts.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
spicaroo

Post by spicaroo »

I have a ef johnson radio with the v4.10.9 what pc config do I need to program it?
Intrinsically Safe

spicaroo wrote:I have a ef johnson radio with the v4.10.9 what pc config do I need to program it?

PCC 2.6.9

I.S.
m33kr0b

Post by m33kr0b »

which version would i need for this

Model 242-5113-310-GF
File Formate
Ver 5.8
DSP Software Ver 1.2.3
Controller Ver 1.18.15
Hardware Ver Not
App.
Radio Ser # 40-51-13-31-00-01-48-84
Boot Load Ver 1.13
Intrinsically Safe

m33kr0b wrote:which version would i need for this

Model 242-5113-310-GF
File Formate
Ver 5.8
DSP Software Ver 1.2.3
Controller Ver 1.18.15
Hardware Ver Not
App.
Radio Ser # 40-51-13-31-00-01-48-84
Boot Load Ver 1.13
PCC 1.28.0.8

I.S.
m33kr0b

Post by m33kr0b »

thanks a million
Jay

Post by Jay »

My radio has version 3.10.6. What do I need? Thanks.
Intrinsically Safe

You would need PCC 1.30.2 which was a special release. Typically they will only give out to the original purchaser or an entity from the original purchaser. Good luck getting that from the company.
Was this a DOD surplus radio by chance?
I.S.