Firmware-PCConfig Decode

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

Jay

Re: Firmware-PCConfig Decode

Post by Jay »

Yep - DOD surplus. Guess I will hold my breath....
n7maq

Post by n7maq »

Hello,

I have some units with V 4.12.4, what PCC do I need?
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
bezking

Post by bezking »

Hi,

Which PCC would I need for this radio? The one I've got ( 1.24.0.8 ) does not work...

Thank you!
Intrinsically Safe

I assume this is a portable based on the controller version. In this case you need PCC 2.4.6
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
Tony.Ri

Post by Tony.Ri »

Do you know which PCC version is required for v4.4.16?

Thanks!
Intrinsically Safe

Tony.Ri

Post by Tony.Ri »

Intrinsically Safe wrote:1.28.0.8
Thank you! My CAP comms officer said that we use a newer version of the software for our v4 radios. Can 2.10.2 be used to program my radio, or do I absolutely need 1.28.0.8?

Thank you!
Intrinsically Safe

V2.x.x PCC should not be used. THere is a different file format between the radio firmware and what PCC is loading in.
EFJ is VERY adamant that you use the correct version of PCC for a specific version of firmware. They are not like MOT in regards to the newest CPS is backwards compatible.
They have what they call the MATRIX that breaks down what PCC should be used for a specific version of firmware.
Tony.Ri

Post by Tony.Ri »

Intrinsically Safe wrote:V2.x.x PCC should not be used. THere is a different file format between the radio firmware and what PCC is loading in.
EFJ is VERY adamant that you use the correct version of PCC for a specific version of firmware. They are not like MOT in regards to the newest CPS is backwards compatible.
They have what they call the MATRIX that breaks down what PCC should be used for a specific version of firmware.
Thank you! I'll be sure to use the proper PCC.
bezking

Post by bezking »

Hi all,

Can I use PCC 2.4.8, 1.24.0.8, or 2.14.10 with a 5100ES with firmware V4.10.9?

Thanks!
Intrinsically Safe

Your post has some misleading info.
5100ES with firmware V4.10.9?
The ES series firmware starts with a 6. i.e. 6.x.x
So I can assume you meant an X platform which would have been 4.10.9, of which there is a valid release w/ that version number. In that case you should use PCC 2.6.9
If you indeed do have an ES radio, the closest match I could find would be 6.10.5 which would require PCC 2.12.6

I.S.
bezking

Post by bezking »

Thanks, IS. One more question:

As I posted above, I have PCC 2.4.8, 1.24.0.8, and 2.14.10. Perhaps you could tell me (or tell me where to find) a list of the possible radio firmwares (I am mostly concerned with portables) that these versions would work with?

Thanks again.
Intrinsically Safe

5100s listed below

PCC 2.4.8

PCC 2.14.10

PCC1.28.0.8
bezking

Post by bezking »

Thanks, except mine is 1.24.0.8, not 1.28.0.8 :grin: