5300 cloning?

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

elyps

5300 cloning?

Post by elyps »

I look after a bunch of same model number 5300 mobiles and haven't seen anything about being able to clone a 5300 to 5300. Is it possible? I realize using a laptop to go from radio to radio is just as fast, but I do find cloning pretty fool-proof to the point of letting someone else do it. I did see some reference to an EFJ firmware update showing "anti-cloning support" from a few years or more ago; is 5300 cloning an oxymoron? Thanks.
flat4turbo

Re: 5300 cloning?

Post by flat4turbo »

The anti-cloning is primarily a means to prevent trunking data to be copied from radio to radio.

However, cloning is most definitely a feature EFJ has addressed by implementing the Unit ID wizard on the software. The unit ID wizard allows you to create (increment values) about how all of the fleet's radio IDs are assigned across the different systems.

Typically, if the radio does not have trunking data in the codeplug, you can copy/clone radios. Otherwise you need a Master system key for each trunked system in the codeplug file.