Latest firmware for 5100 UHF Low?

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

PsyberEMT

Latest firmware for 5100 UHF Low?

Post by PsyberEMT »

I am the proud new owner of a EF Johnson 5100 series portable that I'm using on GMRS for local CERT operations. Am a moto fanboy at heart, but couldn't pass up the deal I got on the EFJ. With the radio, I got a licensed copy of Radio Configuration V1.28.0.8n and an OEM EFJ cable. I am curious as to the most current firmware for this radio? The software reads version info from the radio as follows:

File Format 5.8
DSP 1.2.3
Controller 1.18.15
Boot Load 1.13
Radio model is 242-5132-410-BD

As a motHerola user, I'm just accustomed to a "flash version" and that being it...can anyone shed some light on the age of this firmware and how one goes about procuring updated EFJ firmware?

Thanks, and hi from a new board user :)
Intrinsically Safe

Re: Latest firmware for 5100 UHF Low?

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

What you have is current, and the last release for that radio.
Welcome to the board!!
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
PsyberEMT

Re: Latest firmware for 5100 UHF Low?

Post by PsyberEMT »

Sweet! Thanks! I've been having a small issue (very intermittent) where when I key up, it beeps, stops transmitting, starts again, over and over. Usually resetting the radio seems to help (good battery). Any ideas?