EFJ 5100 FSS

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

KD8FJI

EFJ 5100 FSS

Post by KD8FJI »

When I turn on the radio and continually hit the backlight button (programmed for the top side button on my radio) it will display FSS ON or FSS OFF, depending on whether it was off or on before, respectively. Can somebody please explain what this means?

Thanks!
Intrinsically Safe

Re: EFJ 5100 FSS

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Are you sure that button is programmed for Backlight and not Site Search?
What you have entered is a diagnostic service mode that tells you what the radio is doing in trunking mode as far as roaming operation.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
KD8FJI

Re: EFJ 5100 FSS

Post by KD8FJI »

Whether the top side button is programmed for a function or unprogrammed, continually pressing it during the power-up sequence results in turning FSS ON or OFF.

These radios are State of South Dakota surplus radios. They were used on SD's statewide radio system if that helps any.