Upgrading Firmware Legacy 5100

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

kg4ogn

Upgrading Firmware Legacy 5100

Post by kg4ogn »

Hello All,

I've read through almost every post in the EF Johnson forum (it's good to get paid to sleep and surf the web) and have a general understanding of how to upgrade the firmware in an EFJ 5100. I currently have a VHF 5100 with firmware version 1.4.0. I understand that 1.18.5 is the last firmware EFJ Provided for these radios and understand that I need PCC version 1.28.0.8 for that firmware version. I also understand I would need the PCC for my current firmware and a programming cable. I'm unclear as to where/how to get the actual latest firmware from and how to download it to my radio. Can anyone with experience with upgrading the firmware on the 5100 take me under their wing for a few minutes and instill the knowledge upon me? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! My email address is kg4ogn@yahoo.com Thanks for the bandwith...

Alex
ve3ib

Re: Upgrading Firmware Legacy 5100

Post by ve3ib »

[ It is against the rules of the forum to ask for software. Contact the radio manufacturer or a dealer who can then help you. Thank you ]