EFJ 5100 PC COnfig Programming problem - File confusion?

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

SDCAPCOMM

EFJ 5100 PC COnfig Programming problem - File confusion?

Post by SDCAPCOMM »

I have This model:

242-5312-610 BC4 - 4.14.5

I also have 5 versions of PC Config which probably caused my issue.

I pulled a read from another 5100 and I am not sure if I used that file to make the changes, or pulled one from this radio and made the changes.
I did end up mostly hand entering or pasting the Freq and tone, etc.
When I write it to the radio, the result is the first 3 channels of each 16 channel zone show up as the same channel info, with a similar abberation in later channels of the same zone.
When I read that file after writing, it looks normal with no channel duplications.

Is this an issue with other PCC versions on the same computer, version file confusion or what?
If it is a file confusion, how can I get a clean file for this radio?

Thank you,
SDCAPCOMM
GroundRat

Re: EFJ 5100 PC COnfig Programming problem - File confusion?

Post by GroundRat »

Some EFJ radio software do not use the same file format AND there is a difference of programming software between models.

With version 4.14.5 code in the radio I would expect that you are using PCConfig 1.28.0.8 to program the radio.
An profile built in a different version of PCConfig and then burned to your radio is going to create profile issues.

Usually you can eliminate these issues by using the proper PCC to build a default profile and then burn it to the radio to "reset" all of the values int he radio.

After the "reset" I would build the profile using the PCC that is proper for that radio.