ef jonhson 5100 vhf

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

kenwoodts2000

ef jonhson 5100 vhf

Post by kenwoodts2000 »

Hello very new in this, I bought an Ef johnson 5100 vhf model works great ,,I have a file form...5.8 DSP soft....2.2.5 Controller ...2.8.15 ..boot load 2.4 ,I am trying to get this going on p25 trunking........any hope?? ......is there a more advanced file out there for this model???? oh yes I presently have about 40 channels in zones 1 2 and 3, but can only scan 16 ?? is this all I can get??or can I program 16 in ?zone 1,then 16 in zone 2 ,etc?? any help will be very appreciated Thank you Andy.......73's ve2-bu
Intrinsically Safe

Re: ef jonhson 5100 vhf

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

The 5100 will support P25 Trunking if the option is enabled. You can use PCConfigure and do Transfer>Read Options and see if it is.
For your scan issue, you most likely set up the scan list using the Radio Wide Scan button on the Radio Wide Page (upper left).
This scan list is used for scanning between trunked and conventional, and I don't really recommend it except in very specific cases as you use a lot of functionality.
What you really want to use is the scan list on the per system page (it is in the system lists pull down box called Priority Scan List).
There you scan up to 255 channels across all zones of the system type you have selected.

The firmware you have for that radio is the last general release so you are good to go there!

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
kenwoodts2000

Post by kenwoodts2000 »

Thank you so much will begin playing with this,,I saw in options somewhere there where many options with a check mark on ?? oh well I will start with the scanning first ,,thanks again...Andy
kenwoodts2000

Post by kenwoodts2000 »

Hello again thanks for info...when I try to had trunking p25,it tells me no key s found, do you need keys for trunking?? and do you have to load in frequencies in radio wide scan button first then transfert them on to system page list ?thats what I did . and can now scan lots more,, just could not find a place in the system page to write frequencie info ........Thank you for your time Andre............73's