EFJ 2600 Series repeater questions, any help would be appreciated

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

EAMI

EFJ 2600 Series repeater questions, any help would be appreciated

Post by EAMI »

I recently purchased about a dozen EFJ 2600 VHF and UHF repeaters, I would like to know more information about them.

Im looking for someone who is very in-depth and has a lot of experience with this particular unit.

Is there anyone that might be able to help me.

please reply or send me a PM, im looking to get these running at a few sites very shortly.

These are NLA and not supported by EFJ any more, and I was told that they are mixed mode and will do conventional P25 and Analog operation.
Intrinsically Safe

Re: EFJ 2600 Series repeater questions, any help would be appreciated

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

They do digital just fine, analog is carrier only unless you get a Zetron Model 38a or similar. Once they get up and running they are pretty solid, built on on the older 200x platform that was rock solid for them for Multinet.
I'm not sure what version you are running but you'll want to make sure you have the latest firmware in it.
Buy not supported do you mean just for firmware updates etc? I think they still might do repairs on them so long as they can get the parts.
They only issues I know coming up with them is the power supply vendor they originally used went under or something so they had to switch and have a few issues with them but otherwise they seem to run just fine.

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
d119

Re: EFJ 2600 Series repeater questions, any help would be appreciated

Post by d119 »

Any idea if the 150MHz stations can be brought down into the 2 meter band?