EFJ Avenger questions

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

DLW

EFJ Avenger questions

Post by DLW »

Hi... My first post here so I hope I'm not asking a prohibited question about programming software. I have two old "Avenger GX" radios, one UHF (242-7403-121) and one VHF (242-7401-122) that I've been using for several years for the VHF/UHF ham bands. I've been needing to update the repeater freqs. I have programmed into them but I've misplaced, lost, or maybe even accidently tossed the software disk I had since it was on a 3.5" floppy.
I'm looking at possibility buying "PC Configure" software which sounds like it will work with most EFJ radios but I'm unable to tell if it works with these older Avengers or not?
Can anyone tell me if that will work w/these old radios or know of other available software that can be purchased that will work?

Thanks much... DLW
Intrinsically Safe

Re: EFJ Avenger questions

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

PCConfigure will NOT work with the Avenger Radios.
EFJ doesn't support those radios anymore either.
My only advice would be to try and contact Paul from Paul's Two Way.
http://www.paulsradiorepair.com/
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
DLW

Re: EFJ Avenger questions

Post by DLW »

Thanks for the response. I actually found mine again so all is good...