5131 Parameter error help

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

W0VNE

5131 Parameter error help

Post by W0VNE »

I picked up a pair of 5100s These are both 5131 UHF 380-470 MHz radios with a blank front. *No buttons or display.
Using pcc 1.26.0.4 or 1.28.0.8 at 9600 baud I am able to read the options and the version information.
*Note I've tried setting the parameters to UHF Lo and UHF 380
Model # 242-512A-433JH6
The version info is
File Format 5.9
DSP 4.8.2
Controller 6.2.11
BootLoad Ver 6.4

I can't read the parameters - It starts to show the bar on the bottom reading something then it errors out with
"Invalid file read/opened. Operation aborted. In other posts I see that its the version of PCC that is at fault for this type of error.

I've tried a couple newer versions of pcc but can't get them to do anything. I've looked around the web for a couple hours so maybe I'm missing something? I "think" these were used in the military. At least some writing on one of them leads me to think that. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Jay W0VNE

I get the typical bableep when I turn it on but if I change channels I get 6 beeps which I don't believe I've heard before.
Intrinsically Safe

Re: 5131 Parameter error help

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Six beeps means it is set to use encryption on that channel but there are no keys loaded.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.