51SJ 5100 Problems

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

K0XM

51SJ 5100 Problems

Post by K0XM »

Hi everyone,
I have acquired an 51SJ Model 2. It is FPP, but I need to make changes to my ID and such.
It is running 4.8.10 FW.
I have been ok to READ the radio with PCConfigure 2.18.6, but keep getting comm errors when I try to write the changes back to the radio...
Any ideas?

TIA
Chuck K0XM
jim202

Re: 51SJ 5100 Problems

Post by jim202 »

Hi everyone,
I have acquired an 51SJ Model 2. It is FPP, but I need to make changes to my ID and such.
It is running 4.8.10 FW.
I have been ok to READ the radio with PCConfigure 2.18.6, but keep getting comm errors when I try to write the changes back to the radio...
Any ideas?

TIA
Chuck K0XM

Have you tried cleaning the side accessory contacts and your programming cable contacts with a cloth? Do not use a pencil eraser. It will take off the contact plating and you will be worse off than you are now.

The other possibility is that the data speed is wrong. You can try going up or down a step and see if that works better for you. I have found a few radios that are very picky as to the data rate setting. Once I find the correct setting, I put a sticker on the radio with the info.

One last comment, some radios don't like a fast computer, regardless of your data rate selection. Try a slower computer. Have got bit by this problem more than once.

Jim