Wilson WH2516 Info Needed

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
top13

Wilson WH2516 Info Needed

Post by top13 »

Need any programming info, also a manual. Also Tips/tricks and mods.
Thanks All.
Medic-10

Regency

Post by Medic-10 »

email Andy Brinkley at brinkleyelectronics.com and check out his web site as it has all the info you need. a trick is to wire a switch in the programing curcit and mount in an out of the way place on radio. I put mine on the back. EARL
nessman

Post by nessman »

e-mail me at les@nessman.net and I'll get you the info that you need.
KF4SQB

Re: Regency

Post by KF4SQB »

Medic-10 wrote: a trick is to wire a switch in the programing curcit and mount in an out of the way place on radio. I put mine on the back. EARL
Here's an interesting variation of this procedure: mount a reed switch, connected to the "program pin" of the microprocessor and ground, behind the face of the radio. Then, just place a magnet on the proper place on the face, press the right buttons, and you are in program mode. Much less chance of the "programming" switch being accidentally turned on.
Brett Kitchens
KF4SQB

kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.......
Two way repair man

Re: Wilson WH2516 Info Needed

Post by Two way repair man »

top13 wrote:Need any programming info, also a manual. Also Tips/tricks and mods.
Thanks All.
The WH2516B was factory tuned to operate from 154MHz to 157MHz. It is possible that you may have trouble getting it to operate properly when programming above and below those frequencies. There are some PLL problems that were not discovered until much later that reduce the performance. There are up to 37 component changes that improve the radios designed performance.

Please contact me if you have trouble or go to my web site http://www.billscomsol.com