rmv50 channel selector

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
buford

rmv50 channel selector

Post by buford »

i seem to be having a problem with this one radio. i even had it sent back and was told the unit is fine which tells me that there is a programming issue. i can not get the channel selector to work. when you depress either the up or down it displays 'no function.' no one seems to be able to assist. any suggestions? thanks in advance for your assistance.
robson

Re: rmv50 channel selector

Post by robson »

Hi Buford:

Don't know if this is related to that original programming file on the disk - but it is possible. Just like the glitch with the no-display. give it a try - use only the original default file on the disk - make sure you save it - and when you over-write it with your own frequencies, etc, save it as - so that you retain the original.

Robson
buford

Post by buford »

robson wrote:Hi Buford:

Don't know if this is related to that original programming file on the disk - but it is possible. Just like the glitch with the no-display. give it a try - use only the original default file on the disk - make sure you save it - and when you over-write it with your own frequencies, etc, save it as - so that you retain the original.

Robson
im gonna try it this afternoon. thank you very much for the suggestion. i really appreciate it!!
buford

Post by buford »

alright ... i've tried just about everything under the sun and i still can't get the channel selector to operate. other than that, the unit performs great! but the display shows 'no function' when attempting to utilize the channel selector. any thoughts?