vintage Wilson/Tamaphone handies

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
DrTszap

vintage Wilson/Tamaphone handies

Post by DrTszap »

Looking for schematics/service data for the following Tama Denki radios:
Wilson T-1402
Wilson T-1405
Tamaphone Executive MT-152 and/or MT-155 (MTS 'phones based IIRC on either the T-1402/1405 or the T-1502/1505 models)

Haven't found much about these on the 'net other than some Hardware Operator on one of the ham boards wanting to know how to 'program' a T-1405 :lol: (although there might be some batwings or GE MASTR's close to that vintage that really were programmable... not to mention the infamous Canyon/GCS Mark 1000 Briefcase Phone that turned into a $5k doorstop when the batteries died (the Uniden-made IMTS supervisory logic CMOS was backed up by short-lived mercury button cells) and the Yaesu Traveller (most of which were dumped with the advent of AMPS (cellular) w/o the 'personality' EEPROM - like the Canyon the IMTS (well, psuedo-IMTS as the Traveller was half-duplex rather than full-duplex) logic was critical to radio function as well as supervisory signalling)

Woops, kinda running off at the keyboard there... I better stop before I start with some 'old phone-man' war-stories like the one about the party-line subscriber who's dog would always bark before the phone rang... :grin:
DrTszap

Re: vintage Wilson/Tamaphone handies

Post by DrTszap »

Got a T-1405 manual off eBay... One down, three to go...
mruwave

Re: vintage Wilson/Tamaphone handies

Post by mruwave »

I have the 1405 manual in jpeg form if you need it. The 1405 is a really good HT, but its a bear to tune the receiver. I strongly recommend using SINAD rather than 20db quieting method.

- Jim