Problem with MDX mobiles

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
metro121

Problem with MDX mobiles

Post by metro121 »

I have an MDX mobile that is not working properly. When I push the on button, the radio begins to turn on and then all the lights and display go off. I checked some of the voltages on the DC input and they seem to be ok. Has anyone had this problem and know what it might be ???

Thanks, Metro121
Splat

Post by Splat »

Have you been able to test it with another MDX faceplate? That would tell you if it's something in the face's circuit or the main body's circuit.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Ralph,
I have service manuals on-hand in pdf form for the MDX.
What freq band, 800???
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

my first guess is that it has lost it's feature encryption data. what software are you using for the radio?

a program that comes with the windoze ProGrammer called "RadioMaint" can help you find out if is corrupt or lost.

M/A-COM Tech Assistance can give you your original feature data if you can supply the radio's external serial number plus the internal (esn) serial number.

as an example...
i have an MRK Scan VHF
external serial: 310209
int serial: FF 70 8B 03 00 00
feature data: 01 BB 0B 0E BF 5F D8 18 9C 5E BB F4 41 A3 E0 93

IT IS VITAL TO BACK THIS DATA UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
If you don't, you can end up with a doorstop and no way to bring it back to life.
Prospect63

Re: Problem with MDX mobiles

Post by Prospect63 »

I'm having this problem too. Power on the radio, the whole thing lights up on the self-check, and then it goes blank. Can't get it into program mode, so I can't check the feature data. Took the head apart and cleaned stuff, still same issue.
I used to be Prospect62