Cross Patch 500M to VHF High Band

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
chief_501

Cross Patch 500M to VHF High Band

Post by chief_501 »

Currently trying to cross patch an 500M to VHF high for interoperability in a small volunteer FD. Looking for cheapest method. Tried to TX function from 500M to RX function on VHF high(Tait), and vice~versa. Any one tried this or have any input?

Thanks
jim202

Re: Cross Patch 500M to VHF High Band

Post by jim202 »

I have to ask a question here. I have been in the radio field for well over 35 years now and thought I knew most of the equipment out there. Guess i am just plain brain dead on this one. Could you explain just what a 500M is.

Maybe I am leaning too far out on the tree limb here, but it might help if you provided just a few more details if you expect an answer.
Like is this a remote base station setup of some kind?
Is a repeater involved here?
Is this for a mobile installation?
What kind of duty cycle are you expecting?
What kind of RF TX power is involved?
What kind of antennas are involved?
How is this thing supose to work?
Who will control it?
What kind of license is involved here?
Do you need a new license or modify one you have?
What kind of range are you expecting?
Do you have a good radio person that can do the work?
What kind of funds are available for equipment?

You thought this simple project would just slide down the road of land mines. If your looking for answers, you need to supply the foundation.

Jim

[quote="chief_501"]Currently trying to cross patch an 500M to VHF high for interoperability in a small volunteer FD. Looking for cheapest method. Tried to TX function from 500M to RX function on VHF high(Tait), and vice~versa. Any one tried this or have any input?

Thanks[/quote]
Glen W Christen

500M link

Post by Glen W Christen »

First of all, the 500 M is an 800 MHz trunking radio for EDACS. We have many of these in the VHF-500M configuration and use the Link Communications RLC-4 as a controller. It is possible to use the RLC-2, but the extra ports are far more flexible for setting levels in multiple configurations: wireline, repeat, 800, etc. Extremely versatile and reliable.