MASTR II's on 900 MHz

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
John G

MASTR II's on 900 MHz

Post by John G »

Thought you might like to know. The MASTR II 800 MHz exciter from the base/repeater will tune to the lower end of the 902-928 band with no component changes. I think more output power could be obtained by trimming the helicals in the output stage slightly. It only takes -20 DBm in at the channel element socket to drive it. This opens up possibilities for using direct digital synthesis for frequency agility. The receiver from a mobile should also pull up with little difficulty. The one I have from a repeater won't due the the L.O. chain being for 806-824 MHz. The casting seems to tune fine. As soon as I can lay hands on a mobile, I will try it. Next, I will try to get the exciter into the upper part of 902-928. The receiver has really been the problem for me. Most 900 commercial radios don't have a front end that will tune 902. If anyone has more info, I would like to see it.