MDX Flashing

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
metro121

MDX Flashing

Post by metro121 »

I am looking for some one who knows how to get an MDX 800 trunking radio to do more than 1 system/16 channels. I Cloned my MPA into the MDX but I can only access the first 16 channels in the first system. I read the radio and it has all the systems and groups.
I am assuming that there is a byte in the firmware someware that has to be changed to get the rest of the channels to be accessed. Sort of like the HT1000's when you change them from a 2 channel to a 16 channel.
I am also looking for the same info on adding an Alpha-Numeric control head on an FMD. I have the Alpha Control head but it will not work properly when I swap it with the original NON Alpha control head . Is there a way to hack the firmware to make it work.
I am new to the GE stuff but I beleive it will be not much differant than Motorola
n_zero_ndp

Re: MDX Flashing

Post by n_zero_ndp »

metro121 wrote:I am looking for some one who knows how to get an MDX 800 trunking radio to do more than 1 system/16 channels. I Cloned my MPA into the MDX but I can only access the first 16 channels in the first system. I read the radio and it has all the systems and groups.
I am assuming that there is a byte in the firmware someware that has to be changed to get the rest of the channels to be accessed. Sort of like the HT1000's when you change them from a 2 channel to a 16 channel.
I am also looking for the same info on adding an Alpha-Numeric control head on an FMD. I have the Alpha Control head but it will not work properly when I swap it with the original NON Alpha control head . Is there a way to hack the firmware to make it work.
I am new to the GE stuff but I beleive it will be not much differant than Motorola
have to pay m/a-com if you want more systems/talkgroups. no way to hack it i know of. it's called the feature data string - a bunch of code that is flashed into the radio to expand all of the features. hear it's like $400+
for this upgrade...