MPA programming question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
NodrogCop

MPA programming question

Post by NodrogCop »

I am currently atttempting to program on of my MPA's for the first time. I have two questions:

1. The software keeps giving me the message "Unable to execute write. No such file or directory exists." What am I missing? Everything else works just fine to that point.

2. I can't get the software to display more than 8 channels in any given personality. Why?

I'm using MPA 12.0

Any help would be appreciated. Also anyone who has programming instructions I can get a hold of, or can direct me to, I'd be grateful.

Gordon
mike m

Post by mike m »

To get to the next 8 channels press the "page down" key on your keyboard and to get back to the previous 8 channels use the "page up" key. Use the "home" key to get the cursor back to the "MODE" display at the upper left side of the screen, this will let you change to the next mode once you have filled the previous mode with channlel info.

The other problem is I think that you may need to set your directory up correctly, open the MPA software and then choose F3(utility) and F3 (dir)again and make sure it matches where your files are located. While you are into the first F3 (utility) choose F1(port) and check your com port settings also.

Mike
ksptech1405r

Re: MPA programming question

Post by ksptech1405r »

you also should be using your programming in DOS and not in the windows setup. this may be why there isn't anything to find the programming info, also remember to hit F-1 and to Save any program you leave. Also it may be helpful to save any previous program that was on the radio. There were some viruses that got into the programming and you should run your dos programming thru a norton viruse check after using it with any radio you pull a program from, just to make sure you don't spread it around agin. Good luck on your programming, the MPA has the capalbility of 8 X 16 Channels if you all the modes. In band or out of band can be put into your programming with using the Contl and E keys at same time. that might be useful if you don't already know.
good luck with the MPA it's a great radio for HAM and commercial.