GE MASTR II DUPLEXOR Help, Don't know what I'm selling

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
tscompany

GE MASTR II DUPLEXOR Help, Don't know what I'm selling

Post by tscompany »

Hello I have a GE Duplexor, I have several questions about it like locating the crystals. Please look at my auction and give me any info you can. I was refered here by Batlabs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GE-MASTR-II-DUPLEXO ... dZViewItem

Thanks we have a ton GE equipment we are trying to figure out. I have figured out most of the Motorola units. We also have a bunch of Micor repeaters that we can figure out under another listing. Most of the GE questions are from ham users (nice group of guys) but I can't seem to help them much. Thanks in advance and have a happy and safe fourth, Joe- Tscompany
tscompany

GE Radios

Post by tscompany »

Sorry one more, we have over 100 of these. Seems to be Delta radios. How many different proms are there and is there a place on here to look them and model numbers up. Heres a complete unit I put up:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtscompanyQQhtZ-1

We want to get some up and running to use here at the house but have no knowledge on them. We bought a tractor trailer load and most of it was GE stuff. I have lots of questions and no answers. All I do is find like model numbers and copy the info, but it causes too many questions (more than I can handle) The big Micor repeaters are nice but I don't know how to test any of this stuff. Any help appreciated and thanks Joe - Tscompany
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

GE Station Combination and Model numbers provide more info than the FCC numbers.

This site is an excellent reference for GE model numbers:

http://www.hallelectronics.com/getech/index.php3

Not sure what you are looking for on "crystals". On MASTRII stations, the "ICOM" channel elements would be on the receiver and exciter chassis which are in the enclosure on the back of the access door you show open in your photo.

Your photo looks like a MASTRIIe which is software controlled but still uses the ICOMs for frequency control.

If you want to "test" the stuff, you really need to have someone from a local 2-way shop look it over. But, it probably would not be worth the expense since this old stuff like Micor and MastrII is of almost no commercial value and only of limited vaule on the ham market.

A 150 or 450 repeater with a duplexer should get some serious interest from hams.
tscompany

450-470 Duplexor

Post by tscompany »

Thanks for the info, we found out its a 450-470 mhz. Hope your right, on the micor units I have someone flying in to look at them. I paid way too much for them, but I'm still learning and I want to get involved with my local radio heads. We also ended up with over 2,000 Sams photofacts. It like learning to read all over again. Thanks Joe _ Tscompany
jim202

Re: 450-470 Duplexor

Post by jim202 »

You would do better if you listed the combination numbers or the
package number. Probably both idf you had them.

The FCC numbers are about as good as the weather for most radio techies.

Jim
tscompany

Duplexors

Post by tscompany »

Is there a better way to sell these units? should I bust them up or sell as one unit? Thanks Joe
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

A 150 or 450MHz repeater should sell as a complete unit to a ham but shipping is going to be a concern if you can't find a local buyer. If it won't sell on repeated attempts, there may be more interest in just the duplexer than the radio.

The 800MHz stuff is pretty much dumpster material unless someone wants parts like the base power supplies. I am not sure if the mobile control heads would be of any value but old 800MHz RF stuff is not of much interest to anyone.

What specifically do you have still available that is a complete repeater station on 150 or 450? Let me know the model/station combination numbers and I will pass it on to a group that might be interested.