MPA 220 conversion info?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
willbartlett
Administrator

MPA 220 conversion info?

Post by willbartlett »

Hey there. I know there was some talk of posting the modification info for the MPA portables to movea high-band high-split up to 220. Just wonderig wether anyone has found that info yet?

Thanks, Will
d119

Re: MPA 220 conversion info?

Post by d119 »

I too would like to know what the story is on converting an M-PA to 220MHz...
willbartlett
Administrator

Re: MPA 220 conversion info?

Post by willbartlett »

Wow, This may be the oldest revived thread I've ever seen.

Anyway, I think I had a little luck with editing the radio file. If memory serves, it was an N-counter trick. Find the base frequency, count the number of channel steps to your frequency of interest in 5khz steps, and enter that number in the channel slot.

The RX side preselector was a change of slugs. Probably ferrite to brass. I don't think I ever found a source of replacement PA. At least not inexpensive.

I never finished it up. My first kid was born a month earlier. That's when she was still an infant. Then she learned how to crawl, and it all went to hell........

I tried a rework of a GP300 a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a 170-205Mhz gp300, tried the front end mod. It's still deaf by 10db.

Will