M-PD Manual

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
mrk

M-PD Manual

Post by mrk »

Anyone have a PDF file for a 150-174MHz VHF Voiceguard M-PD System radio manual, or know the LBI number?
radio230
Site Supporter

Post by radio230 »

Try looking at http://www.repeater-builder.com/ge/lbi-master-list.html. They have an extensive list of old GE / Ericsson manuals. I looked through there but only found the maintenec and ?service? manual for the M-PD w/ no reference to voiceguard. These PDF files are free for personal, non-profit, use only to stay in accordance with the copyrights (according to the site)
Dan Collins - Telecommunicator
Cahokia, IL Police Department
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

VHF:
DES Scan radio - LBI31914
DES System radio - LBI31916
VGE Scan radio - LBI31947
VGE System radio - LBI31951
mrk

Post by mrk »

repeater-builder.com is the first place I went. Also, thanks for the list of manual part numbers. Unfortunately, none are on the site. Anyone know where I might still find a copy? One big question I have, that I was hoping the manual would answer, in reference to the scan function.

I have a 19B801501P4 VHF scan and a VHF VG system radio. The VG System radio is having some problems and in need of repair, but the scan radio works fine. However, when I put the radio in scan mode, the SCN icon starts to flash, then the display alternates between the first channel and usually the second channel, but sometimes it alternates between the first channel and one of the others. Weird. Is this normal?
radio230
Site Supporter

Post by radio230 »

Well, I am no expert, but I have seen older Fujitsu Ten radios of about the same era that did this in scan. It was caused by the priority scan. It would show semi-random channels when it stopped the normal scan to check the priority channel. I don't know if this is the same thing, but it's an idea.
Dan Collins - Telecommunicator
Cahokia, IL Police Department