KPC-300/400 Programming question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
radio230
Site Supporter

KPC-300/400 Programming question

Post by radio230 »

I am using the DOS programmer, version 4.0 The question I have is this, under the utilites menu there is "Maint" option. When I go into the maintenance screen a warning pops up basically saying you can f*** up your radio here. In here is tracking data (looks like tuning data?).

Anyway, I am just beginning to learn how to program these radios. I have a copy of the programming manual(R1A) and maintenance manual(R1A & R2A) for these radios but there is no mention of the "Maint" option in either. In fact, the screenshots in the programming manual do not even show the "Maint" option to exist. Is there another manual out there I need for this, or a newer version of the programming manual. If anyone can help it would be GREATLY appreciated as I do not want to expirement and destroy my radios. Thanks
Dan Collins - Telecommunicator
Cahokia, IL Police Department
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

The Maintenance screen allows you to change tracking data (tuning data), feature encryption data, and allows for radio recovery and reflashing of operating code.

If you accidentally wipe out either the tracking data or feature data, the radio will cease to function.

With tracking data, you can put in default values, but then you will have to completely realign the whole radio (not fun). Lost feature data can only be retrieved by e-mailing or faxing the radio's ESN to MACOM.

However, the maintenance section also allows you to read and SAVE both feature encryption and tracking data to disk so you will have a copy of it. (For example, if you were reflashing a radio and the process was interrupted, the tracking and feature data can be lost). The lost feature and tracking files can be restored from disk if you've backed them up beforehand).

As with most things, this screen can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

I would stay away from it unless you're reflashing a radio anyway or you have a basket case radio you don't care about and you can experiment.

There is a programming guide that comes with the TQ-3374 software that explains the maintenance screen.
radio230
Site Supporter

Post by radio230 »

Meatball, thanks for the info. I figured it was a section of the program that, if I had post here to ask about it, i shouldn't even look at! :lol: Anyway, I would like to learn more about the settings, before even thinking about messing with them. You mentioned a manual that covers it. Would you know the part number (LBI number) for that manual? Also do you know if it is available online in PDF form, or if not where it could be ordered from (and approx price)?
Dan Collins - Telecommunicator
Cahokia, IL Police Department
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

It's a fairly old document, and it doesn't appear to be a "normal" LBI. All it says is "Programming Guide, TQ-3374" It doesn't appear to have an LBI number. The official name for the software is "EDACS-3," which is the DOS precursor to the windows-based ProGrammer.

I'll check and see if it's available in PDF, but since it's an Ericsson era document, it may only be available on microfiche. I'll check and see what I can find out for you.