Delta SX (w/S990) Programming Help!

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
KB1ILS

Delta SX (w/S990) Programming Help!

Post by KB1ILS »

I recently bought one of these units, converted by the previous owner to be field-programmable via the S990 control head, however I am having one heck of a time figuring out how to program it.

I have some step-by-step instructions, which begin with powering up the unit while holding down the ADD and DELETE buttons. Which works, however beyond that the instructions do not seem to make sense.

I begin with zeros in all of the display windows. Pressing either arrow under the MODE window causes the values in the other windows to change, but it takes quite a few presses of the buttons before the MODE value changes. It sits as 00, until it finally decides to cooperate and change to 01.

Then I was instructed to press the * button. Which seems to do nothing. The next step would be to choose the channel...again, pressing either the up or down channel button results in the figures in other windows to change, but it takes quite a while for the channel number to change. When it finally reads 01, by that time the Mode has changed, and the other window reads cc.

I would love to have this radio work properly, however thus far the programming has been nothing but a headache. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

73s,
David KB1ILS
jim202

Re: Delta SX (w/S990) Programming Help!

Post by jim202 »

You might try joining the Yahoo group "GeDeltaRanger" and see
what they have to offer.

Think I remember seeing some info and files there about just what
your looking for. It is a good place to ask about this information.

Jim