Orion Face Button Programming

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
superdutied

Orion Face Button Programming

Post by superdutied »

I finally got my software after my laptop was ripped off. I've got a good start at programming my Orion VHF, but have some difficulty with one thing and could use some help. My main issue is that what ever I have tried to program in the OPTIONS-CONTROL UNIT KEY PAD won't work. It keeps what was in there from before.
I really want to have a button for nuisance delete for annoying scanned channel. One button for repeater talk around. One for sqlch. I also tried to change and could not either, so I put it back to default is for the radio knob to control the system groups and the up/dwn toggle to control the groups. If you have any advice I sure could use it.
Thanks,
Troy
JungleJim

Re: Orion Face Button Programming

Post by JungleJim »

When you program the radio, the popup window comes up and you can select the flash/ADI code to write to the radio. At the upper left corner of the window is a button labelled "Mobile Options". Click it and another window opens. Select "write keypad file" for your type of head; scan, system or hand held controller. Leave the the ID to "CU A".

Click ok and then ok again. The radio will program and write the keypad file to the head.

FYI, there is no way to read the keypad file out of the radio because it is not stored there. It is written directly to the display board in the head.
JungleJim

Post by JungleJim »

superdutied wrote:I really want to have a button for nuisance delete for annoying scanned channel.
To do a nusiance delete on the Orion, just press the scan add/delete toggle down twice.
superdutied

Post by superdutied »

Thanks Jim!
Worked great for the most part. A few things didn't take though...I had buttons 1,2,3,4 programmed to be my groups...and that didn't take. I also tried to have another key programmed for my TX power to switch from high to low but that also didn't take. The rest did though, any ideas?
JungleJim

Post by JungleJim »

The TXPWR option only works on the portable radios. The user cannot select between high and low power on the mobile radios.

After you set the system/group buttons, SG1, SG2, etc., go to the Options tab and scroll down to "system/group keys". Here you can specify which system and talk group or conventional system and channel you want the SG buttons to go to.

Next go to "Supervisory Options" and check "Last System/Group Recall". This will enable you to push the SG button to jump to your channel and then pushing it again will take you back to where you were before.

On the scan and system control heads you will notice that the indicator light for the SG buttons will light whenever you are on that channel, whether you used the SG button or happened to roll over to it with the channel button.

Once you have programmed the keypad file you won't need to do it again, unless you change it.
superdutied

Post by superdutied »

Thanks for your help!!! Love the set up, works great now!