Coverting an MDX (Dash to trunk mount)

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Prospect63

Coverting an MDX (Dash to trunk mount)

Post by Prospect63 »

Hey everyone. Well, my quest for the holy grail of an MDX remote mount kit has finally come to a victorious end. Now I need to know if I can take the parts radio I just bought (trunk mount) and my good MDX and start taking off face plates and blocking plates and just swap stuff around to make my dash mount radio a trunk mount.

Will I corrupt my radio if I take it apart? Has anyone ever done this? Is there an LBI for such a procedure?

Thanks for any help! :grin:
I used to be Prospect62
n_zero_ndp

Re: Coverting an MDX (Dash to trunk mount)

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Prospect63 wrote:Hey everyone. Well, my quest for the holy grail of an MDX remote mount kit has finally come to a victorious end. Now I need to know if I can take the parts radio I just bought (trunk mount) and my good MDX and start taking off face plates and blocking plates and just swap stuff around to make my dash mount radio a trunk mount.

Will I corrupt my radio if I take it apart? Has anyone ever done this? Is there an LBI for such a procedure?

Thanks for any help! :grin:
I have the LBI you are looking for:
http://www.hamrepeater.com/n0ndp/GE-Eri ... 38877A.PDF

I see no reason why you would harm your good radio while swapping parts around.
I have swapped parts around from several MDX's without incident.
Prospect63

Re: Coverting an MDX (Dash to trunk mount)

Post by Prospect63 »

Thanks buddy!
I used to be Prospect62