Tracking Data Problem

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
mrk

Tracking Data Problem

Post by mrk »

I have three radios I cannot read tracking data from. The first is a 403-400 MHz KPC-400 (KRD 103 111/18 R1F), The second is a 136-155 MHz Panther 500P (KRD 103 150/6 R1C), The third is a 150.760 - 174 MHz Panther 500P (KRD 103 150/2). I have an OEM TQ3370 RIB with power supplied, and I'm using an OEM RPM 113 2472/1 R1A (TQ3382) programming cable.

I'm using RadioMaint ver R18B02 to attempt to read the data. I get the same error message upon data acquisition; "Could not read Tracking Data". When I click on "Read Tracking Data from Radio", the program completes "Handshaking", but when it begins "Reading Tracking Data" I get the error message.

I tried reading the KPC as a 500P and vice-versa, which yields a wrong radio type message. I've also tried it without power to the TQ3370, and get the same "Could not read Tracking Data" error message. I also verified the output of the OEM power supply (manufactured by Black Box Corp) to the TQ3370 at a nominal 16.4 VDC. I am able to read tracking data, using the same setup from several other M/A-Com radio models (i.e., M-RK's, LPE-200's, 700P, P5100 series).

So, based on that information, does anyone have any idea why I can't read the tracking data?
RadioActiveTech

Re: Tracking Data Problem

Post by RadioActiveTech »

Can you read the personality? Also, the version of ProGrammer you are using may be too new for the radio code in the radio. We have had similar issues with LPE-200s with original factory Radio Code from 1996 - they will not read/write on the newer versions of ProGrammer. The only option is to use an older version of ProGrammer to update the radio code to a newer version. If this is not the issue then you may have a bad front cover (Bad UDC connector) or corrupted logic board. You could also try a Recovery but you will need the personality, feature code, tracking data (Might be a problem for you), radio code, and DSP code. If you have everything else but the feature data you could try it with a tracking data file from an identical radio then perform an alignment once you have it working again. Hope this helps.

Dan
mrk

Re: Tracking Data Problem

Post by mrk »

I can read and write the personality to and from the radio just fine. I just can't do anything with the tracking data. The KPC does not use a flash code, so that's not the issue.