Dead M-PA ?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
elek

Dead M-PA ?

Post by elek »

Hi, thanks for your replies if you wanna help me :D

I got a ge-mpa, and i've already builded the flashbox.
The first time I tried to flash, the pin #8 was not connected.
After reading the personalities (6k), it compared succesfully but then got stuck at
-Switching power with rts and dtr

Ok I said, let's turn off everything (the flash was not yet done) and restart.
This time I flashed succesfully (ver_2068.bdp), but the personalities was 8k.
No errors displayed.

When I turn on the "ham", now it only blink the display, I can't do anything, just push the side blu button to see "I2068M12" "GROUP 17".

I can flash how many times I want, but nothing changes.....

What's gone wrong ? Bad file flashed ?
What are those "personalities" ? I can't reset nothing because it only blinks...
TonyAcabono

Re: Dead M-PA ?

Post by TonyAcabono »

What is the model number or combo number on the radio.

You should be able to flash the radio as many times as you want, providing the flash is compatible with the hardware you have.

You should be able to find all the files you need in the Yahoo Group M-PA radios.
mike m

Re: Dead M-PA ?

Post by mike m »

I know this is a late response because I don't get to this group much and maybe you have fixed it already but after flashing you need to load in a new personality file.

The personality file is the actual operating frequency information, without this the radio synthesizer will not have anything to lock on and it will just blink the display and beep at you.

Mike