EDAC QUESTION

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
calcedeaver24

EDAC QUESTION

Post by calcedeaver24 »

I belong to a vol. fire and rescue group with very limited funds. The question I have is what would be the cheapest and simplest way to make an on board intercom system using headsets to incorporate of edac radio system that is mounted in our truck. We want the driver and the passenger to be the only one to be able to communicate to dispatch. There would be 4 headsets all together. We would like all 4 headsets to be able to talk to each other. What should be my plan of attack?

Thanks,

James
n_zero_ndp

Re: EDAC QUESTION

Post by n_zero_ndp »

our ARFF rigs have a nice intercom system from SETCOM.
not cheap, but works great. currently hooked up to EDACS Orions/M7100s
with an ICOM aviation ground radio as the second radio......
http://www.setcomcorp.com/1310intercom.html

these are setup so only the Captain can tx on 1 of 2 radios while everyone else
has intercom available to them. FAO has too much to worry about while driving
the big CRASH rig to be talking on the radio, but it can be setup the way you want
for your crew......
RadioActiveTech

Re: EDAC QUESTION

Post by RadioActiveTech »

We install mostly FireCom and Sigtronics headset systems. The configuration you describe is quite common. We integrate with EDACS systems all the time. We even have some systems set up to access multiple radios (such as 800 EDACS and Air Band for airports, etc.). FireCom is by far the easiest system to set up and is very reliable. Sigtronics requires a lot more wiring but is also extremely reliable. Let me know if you need anything.

Dan