n_zero_ndp Please Help!

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
mrk

n_zero_ndp Please Help!

Post by mrk »

Reference this post on RR;

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/sh ... p?t=102021

I PM’d GILMOORE to try and help him out. He sent me the radio. I was able to turn it on, but could not change the currently displayed TG. I had no problem getting it to enter programming mode. I hooked it up and read the personality. No problem there. Then I looked over the personality, to be certain it was properly programmed for receive only. Guess what, it is!!!! Auto login is not selected; all TG’s have transmit unselected. So, just for good measure, I changed his LID’s, saved the file, and tried to load it back into the radio. Shortly after I hit program, I got this message;

“Encryption Data Not Found at Location or Format Incorrect. Use the Maintenance Program to Recover the Radio before Programming”.

I selected the only choice, “OK”, and then got this message;

“Radio programming could not be completed”.

I am relatively proficient with, and very comfortable using ProGrammer & RadioMaint. I open RadioMaint, read the tracking data, bin & DSP files with no trouble. When I read the feature data from the radio, it did, or I thought it did, because when I tried to save it, I got an error, and when I tried to edit it, I got this error;

“No Valid Feature Data. Select Yes to create blank feature data. If you select No, use Get Status function with radio connected or read feature data from file”.

I selected “No”. When I looked over the Radio Maintenance Report, there is nothing printed for feature data, and on the Radio Status Information screen, there is a “NO” in the Feature Encrypted field.

So I’ve explained in excruciating detail that this radio has lost its feature encryption. The question is how do we get it back?
JungleJim

Re: n_zero_ndp Please Help!

Post by JungleJim »

What type of radio?
What version programmer are you using?
What flash code is in the radio?
Does it show a flash code and DSP code in the get status of maintenance?
Do you have the ESN or ROM serial number?
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

ok... the feature data is gone. if you have the ESN, you can call M/A-COM to get the original
feature string from them (dunno if they will give this out to John Doe, but they will to dealer/shop).

you have to be able to supply the ESN number to them to get the string. if the serial tag is still
on the radio, they can also use the serial number from there along
with the ESN to lookup your feature string.

if the ESN does not show up in Radio Maint, you are up a creek :x
factory HAS TO HAVE THE ESN to lookup the features string..........

GOOD LUCK!
mrk

Post by mrk »

JungleJim wrote:What type of radio?
LPE-200
JungleJim wrote:What version programmer are you using?
R18B02
JungleJim wrote:What flash code is in the radio?
P1R17B03
JungleJim wrote:Does it show a flash code and DSP code in the get status of maintenance?
I4R05H01 DSP and yes, I can see all the info in RadioMaint. But under Feature Encryption the field reads 'No'.
JungleJim wrote:Do you have the ESN or ROM serial number?
Yes.

BTW, my radio reference username is rmiles. Sorry, I forgot this username was different. I've been posting much of what I've already done there.